We currently have an open position for a Scientist Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy at Janssen (part of Johnson & Johnson) in Beerse, Belgium:
Scientist Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy
Location: Beerse, Belgium - Full time on site
Duration: 12 months
Hours: 40 hours per week
The Scientist will join the Advanced Material Characterization and Investigations (AMCI) group within AD. AMCI is an international and diverse team of scientists performing advanced analytical characterization of pharmaceutical products and leading global analytical investigations for the commercial product portfolio and for the Discovery, Product Development & Supply (DPDS) organization of Janssen R&D.
The Advanced Molecular Analysis (AMA) team of AMCI is a group of analytical centers of excellence in structure elucidation (by high-resolution Mass Spectrometry, solution, and solid-state NMR), organic trace analysis, excipient & polymer characterization, and oligonucleotide & peptide analytics. Our labs are equipped with state-of-the-art analytical equipment, including two 500MHz wide-bore systems dedicated to solid-state NMR and microimaging.
We are currently recruiting an enthusiastic, highly motivated Scientist to join our team! For this laboratory-based position you will work together with internal and external specialists in drug product development and analytical development teams to find innovative solutions for the development of solid-state NMR analytical methods for active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), excipients, and polymers, in new and complex formulations. You will further support the solid-state NMR team in the continuous improvement of the lab towards a highly automated environment, as well as keeping the instruments in a high state of availability and readiness.
roles and responsibilities
- Develop solid-state NMR characterization/quantitative test methods for APIs in various complex crystalline and amorphous formulations, as well as for their associated polymers and excipients.
- Support the solid-state NMR team in keeping the NMR lab in the best operating conditions and in optimizing spectrometer uptime.
- Develop and implement new workflows to improve automation towards the goal of a highly automated solid state NMR lab.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team of scientists and show ability to learn and explore new techniques.
- Interpret and report the obtained analytical data and perform peer review of laboratory data.
- Maintain a safe work environment in compliance with all applicable environmental, health, regulatory requirements, GMP and safety regulations.
how to succeed
Education & experience
- Required: a minimum of Master degree in Physics, Chemistry or related field, with an affinity to complex instrumentation. A Ph.D. in one of these fields is advantageous, but not required.
- Hands-on experience with solid-state NMR Instrumentation is highly preferred.
- Ability to setup, optimize, and interpret solid-state NMR experiments is a clear advantage.
- Experience with interpreting spectroscopic data and communicating results to a non-expert audience.
- Experience with software and hardware automation is a plus.
- Fast learner with scientific curiosity, self-steering, pro-active, creative.
- Open-minded, with ability to work together as one team in a global environment.
- Good written and spoken communication and presentation skills in English.
- Efficient, flexible, dynamic, results and performance driven.
- Sense of urgency.
This role offers a very competitive hourly rate. This contract will run for 12 months and has a good chance of extension.
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an contractor we consider you as one of our most valuable assets. We take your career seriously.
The opportunity to work with highly skilled NMR spectroscopists in a well-equipped lab, containing, among others, two 500MHz wide-bore systems, various MAS probes (including ultra-fast MAS), micro imaging capabilities, and automated sample changers.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
You are welcome here
Janssen is working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development center develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
If you would like some additional information about the role please contact: Tabitha.Crabtree@randstadsourceright.co.uk
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences. That is why we are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “You Belong”.
Dr. Philipp Selter
Senior Scientist ssNMR
Janssen Pharmaceutica NV