Chelab – Institute for Food Testing
Tentamus Center for Food Fraud
Welcome to the specialist for fruit juice and authenticity analysis in Hemmingen.
With us, you can expect over 40 years of experience in the areas of analysis of fruits, fruit juices, beverages, spice analysis as well as the development of tailored solutions around the topic of food authenticity.
We test the quality and authenticity of the products of our national and international customers and thus make our contribution to ensuring food safety. Through TCF², we accompany our customers along the supply chain and support them in questions regarding authenticity. We are part of the Tentamus Group with headquarters in Berlin and are the center of expertise for juice analysis. Through our worldwide network of over 90 locations, we can also offer local service to our distant customers. In addition, we participate intensively in scientific exchange in various bodies, such as §64 working groups of the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety or the US-based AOAC International.
To enrich our team we are looking for...YOU! ...as soon as possible.
We would be pleased if you would support our team full-time as a research assistant.
We offer you
- Exciting and challenging tasks in food analysis
- The opportunity to make YOUR contribution to food safety
- A flat hierarchy with approachable management, even without an appointment
- The cooperation in an international team
- The exchange with colleagues in the worldwide Tentamus Group
- Attractive training opportunities
- A company pension scheme
- Coffee and soft drinks, of course free of charge
- Possibility to work part of the time from the home office
- Routine operation of NMR analytics at our Hemmingen site (Hanover)
- Method development/validation and research and transfer to routine operation
- Maintenance/expansion of the existing NMR database as well as development of new databases
- Statistical evaluation of complex data (targeted and non-targeted) using R and, if necessary, other tools
- Process development and optimisation of existing organisational procedures in the laboratory
- Instruction/ guidance of laboratory staff
- Food chemist or graduate chemist with or without PhD
- Experience in NMR analysis (NOESY, COSY, JRES, HMBC, HSQC, DEPT, etc.) and qNMR
- Knowledge and enjoyment of the statistical evaluation of complex data, e.g. using R
- Result-oriented, independent and self-reliant working style
- Good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken
- Ability to work in a team, flexibility
- You can see a bigger picture beyond the end of your nose
- You occasionally make mistakes, but you learn from them and continue to develop yourself.
We look forward to receiving your written application as a PDF file by email to email@example.com.