(A)diabatic passages in solids for nuclear hyperpolarization and optimization on the model system nitrogen-vacancy centers in diamond
Founded in 1409, Leipzig University is one of Germany’s largest universities and a leader in research and medical training. With around 30,000 students and more than 5000 members of staff across 14 faculties, it is at the heart of the vibrant and outward-looking city of Leipzig. Leipzig University offers an innovative and international working environment as well as an exciting range of career opportunities in research, teaching, knowledge and technology transfer, infrastructure and administration.
The Felix Bloch Institute of Solid State Physics at the Faculty of Physics and Earth Sciences seeks to fill the above position at the earliest opportunity.
- construction of a benchtop NMR device including laser irradiation, low magnetic field unit, and microwave injection
- automation of NMR measurements on the self-developed setup
- modeling Landau-Zener transitions in spin systems
- participation in publications
- university degree in the field of physics (M.Sc.)
- experimental experience in NMR and/or EPR
- sound knowledge of the physics of spin interactions
- knowledge of NV centers in diamond
- programming skills (Python)
- knowledge in optimization methods or machine learning