The editors of the Journal of Magnetic Resonance (JMR) and JMR Open are pleased to invite manuscripts for a Special Issue entitled “New Voices in Magnetic Resonance”. This Special Issue will feature original research by early-career investigators and will be published jointly by JMR and JMR Open, in collaboration with ISMAR. Corresponding authors of three articles in this Special Issue will be selected as prize recipients by a scientific committee comprised of JMR/JMR Open/ISMAR representatives spanning all areas of magnetic resonance. Each of the three prize recipients will receive a monetary award (500 USD) and will be invited to give lectures in a JMR/JMR Open/ISMAR virtual symposium, to be held in June 2022.
- Candidates should be Principal Investigators within 7 years of starting their independent position;
- Candidates should be active in any area of magnetic resonance research;
- Postdocs are also welcome to submit contributions that represent research independent from and not co-authored by their faculty mentor(s).
- Papers must be received by November 30, 2021, to be considered for the competition in the Special Issue;
- Papers must be submitted through the Elsevier Editorial Manager (EM) electronic submission system; the corresponding author should check the box “Special Issue on New Voices in MR”
- The author may choose the primary journal for the article, JMR or JMR Open. The fee for articles submitted to JMR Open by the November 30, 2021, will be fully waived.
Multi-Journal Special Issue:
- Articles will be published in regular issues as they are accepted in the submitted Journal (JMR or JMR Open);
- All articles will be merged and compiled under a unique digital collection that will be published in ScienceDirect pages of both journals, JMR and JMR Open.