ISMAR’s main conference now runs biennially. ISMAR has a tradition of rotating its conferences across the globe. After Taiwan 2007, Italy 2010, Brazil 2013, China 2015, Canada 2017, Germany 2019 , the natural cycle will preferably return us to Asia or the Pacific region in 2021.
Based on the experience of previous meetings the following points should be acknowledged:
• A Local Organizational Committee with a Chair and one or two Co-Chairs, preferably from different institutions, a Treasurer and a Secretary should be appointed with ISMAR’s approval.
• The ISMAR Conference should be organized together with one or more scientific associations of Magnetic Resonance in the host country (or countries) and can be combined with the respective regular meetings.
• The Scientific Program will be the responsibility of a Scientific Committee, consisting of first-class scientists from around the world as well as from the host country (ies).
• All fields of Magnetic Resonance should be covered, but emphasis on specific areas is welcome.
• The size of the meeting is typically about 500 – 700 people.
If you are interested in hosting ISMAR 2021 please prepare a preliminary proposal that contains the following information:
• Place and date(s) of the meeting.
• Short description of the situation of Magnetic Resonance in the host country (ies).
• Information on the Local Organization Committee.
• Information on the Conference Site.
• Estimated costs and potential for sponsorship.
The preliminary proposal should be submitted by Nov 15th , 2016, to the Secretary General, e-mail: Roxanne Deslauriers (email@example.com). We will contact interested hosts for the meeting to discuss further details, and aim to reach a decision on the 2021 meeting location at the ISMAR Council meeting in Quebec , July 23-28, 2017 (http://www.ismar2017.org/).
If you have questions, please contact the Secretary General or the President, Daniella Goldfarb
The Executive Committee of ISMAR, September 2016